How do I start a chat with a patient?
- In the portal's sidebar menu, click on Messages.
- To the left of the new screen, you’ll see a New Message button. Click on this to open a pop-up.
- In the To field, search for the patient you’d like to send a message to. You can search by name or patient number.
- Choose from the drop-down menu the type of message you’re sending (Nurse, Lab, or Admin).
- Type out your message and then click Send
The message will now have been sent to your patient’s Salve smartphone app. As long as they have allowed notifications, they’ll receive your message in a few seconds. The message will be marked as read as soon as they’ve looked at it.
New messages can also be sent from the Patient Information screen: